What is a School Council?
Welcome to our page.
School Council Welcome to the School Council What is a School Council? A school council is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues with senior managers and governors in the school. The school council can also take forward projects on behalf of the pupils, and be involved in planning and things like the School Development Plan, governing body meetings and staff appointments.
We will discuss any issues that arise, ideas to improve the school and the organisation of events. Our members are displayed at the school reception, if you wish to view our minutes from each meeting, they are available at the school.
To be effective, the school council must:
- Be representative and inclusive;
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views;
- Feed back to pupils about what happened about their views;
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
The School Council at Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd;
- Are our pupil voice
- Here to improve our school
- Help to keep our school healthy and safe
- Provide opportunities for children and adults to share ideas
- Discuss new ideas
- Raise money for less fortunate children and people around the world
- Welcome visitors and new members to the school
- Work closely with children on the Eco Comittee, Sports Ambassadors, Siarter Iaith, Mets Morfa and Digital Leaders.
- Do our best to ensure that everyone is happy and safe
- Cooperate with the Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd PTA to organise a variety of events to raise money
- Contribute to the school policies
- The School Council is the voice of our children. They have the right to discuss and make decisions in order to improve our school.
School Council 2019-2020
Chairperson - Ceirion
Vice Chairperson - Courtney
Secretary - Carys
Vice Secretary -
Treasurer - Peygan
What the School Council are hoping to achieve this year?
1. To raise money for different charities, including; The Church, Poppy Appeal, Children in Need, Christmas Jumper Day and Sports Relief. We will also donate clothes and food to the food bank in Llandudno.
2. We will continue to work closely with the Siarter Iaith - support the new curriculum, prepare anti bullying activities and improve the fitness of our children.
3. Improve the school yard with the assistance of the Sports Ambassadors, developing areas to ensure quiet and calm options, cooperate with the Eco group.
4. Raise pupil attendance.
5. Observe lessons, look at work books and discuss with peers.
6. Develop and lead extra curricular clubs.