Welcome to Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd
I am pleased to welcome you to our school’s website.
Our aim here at Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd is to provide a happy and safe environment where every individual is treated with respect and where every effort is made to give our pupils the opportunity to develop to their full potential within a challenging and fair environment.
We believe that a close partnership between the home and the school is extremely important. Parents’ support and help is very much welcomed and appreciated.
Parents who are considering sending their children to this school are invited to contact me to arrange a time to visit. We have an ‘open-door’ policy for the parents/guardians of our pupils. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Gethin M Jones (Head Teacher)
You can also keep up to date with the school's latest news on our social media pages:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/YsgolMorfaRhianeddTeachers2Parents App - All term dates for the year can be found here
News - See below information with regards to term time holiday requests
Attendance - Our Attendance Target set for this year is 95%.
Parent Pay - Our aim is to be a cashless school therefore we ask you kindly to activate your accounts. All trips, music lessons etc will in future be paid via Parent Pay.
Here at Morfa Rhianedd School we aim to ensure that we give all children the opportunity to develop to their full academic and social potential in a happy, challenging and caring environment.
We aim to do so by:
· Promoting Welsh identity and ethos, developing confident bilingual learners
· Developing responsible and mature citizens who contribute to local and wider society
· Develop enthusiastic learners who can converse in a mature and creative way
· Encourage reflective learners who lead learning with risk and creativity
· Develop pro-active and persistent learners who are proactive in responding positively to mistakes
· Broaden learners ' horizons and equip them to be ambitious and progressive for life.